Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

this is not LA


IMG_6591
IMG_6601
75 degrees = perfect opportunity to wear this filmy tropical dress I thrifted a couple of weeks ago. Work with thrifted belt, random black tank and bike shorts


I can't believe I just spent the weekend in 75-degree, dress-wearing bliss. In February. It's been so lovely, I can even deal with the fact that it's Sunday night and I have to do scary things at work this week. All that matters is that I sat in a park today and let the sun bake away my pimples while I drank beer. It's an ok life sometimes.

On a totally uncharacteristic side note, I actually thought the Super Bowl halftime show with The Black Eyed Peas didn't suck. I mean, it was better than getting Bruce Springsteen to perform "Born in the USA" (again) or even worse, Jon Bon Jovi. At least the Peas looked like they were enjoying themselves, and Fergie did some serious headbanging in 5" wedges without falling. I was impressed.

*Another side note: I JUST now became aware that Bruce Springsteen isn't spelled "Springstein." As a Jew, I feel a little disappointed.

13 comments:

  1. the dress is great :)
    like it

    xo lala

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That dress is perfect on U. Beautiful color!

    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Have a great week ahead, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Springstein

    I'm so jealous of dress wearing heat, gaaahhhh. I have completely forgotten what it's like to just go outside without spending half an hour piling on layers.

    Nail varnish is really nice, makes your hands look tanned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful dress! I love how you combined it with shorts, it looks very sexy:) It was extremely hot for february also in my country and I just can't wait for the summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that dress!!! soooo pretty!!!!

    (I didn't really like the BEPs haha...they annoy me...I did like Slash though ;) ...but not when Fergie sang with him playing)
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous! It's freezing in here!

    Juliet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL dress! It's really just perfect!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty dress. Such a Spring dress. Today the weather over here will be 50 degrees! Woop, woop.

    www.heartprintandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful dress...so nice the weather in california, isn'it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gorgeous! Ahh warm days drinking beer in the park.. bliss. Are these pictures with your new camera? If so how are you finding it?

    It has been so warm in switzerland I've been sat outside having lunch in my t-shirt.. hotter than in the UK and not a single can of discount tuna in sight! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the dress. glad you got to enjoy the weather! i just returned from california to chicago and let me tell you, with that amazing 70-some degree weather you guys are having, returning to 4-foot snowdrifts was not super enticing.

    i am with you on the super bowl halftime show. i actually enjoyed it. i was glad to see them try something at least a little exciting after trying to be so safe with things like tom petty and bruce s. after the janet incident. or did they do tom petty? i can't even remember. see?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress and lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete