Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

la playa


1. Étoile Isabel Marant Hana Romper 2. J. Crew Hat 3. Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 lens 4. Mih Jeans top 5. Laroche Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging primer 6. Immodium 7. Carven sandals 8. J. Brand shorts 9. Madewell straw beach bag 10. unknown sandals

In less than one month, I'll be sunning my flesh on the shores of the Mayan Riviera, sipping lethal margaritas by an ocean so warm and deeply azure, I would swear it's straight out of a postcard. I'm staying in Playa Del Carmen and Tulum, where I will partake (with extreme glee) in the following activities:

1. Snorkeling over a shipwreck 60 feet off shore
2. Exploring Mayan ruins
3. Swimming in limestone caverns that used to be places of human sacrifice (!!!)
4. Reading on the beach
5. Eating lobster tacos by the double fistful

And even though, let's be honest, I'll probably resemble a greasy drowned rat while schlopping through the humidity, let's suspend our disbelief for a second and pretend that I'm endowed with enough disposable income to have the outfits above on my packing list. Surely, if water that blue exists, it's possible for me to look decent in 4,000% humidity. Surely?

7 comments:

  1. 1. like I told you before (and I'll probably tell you again), I'm jealous as fuck!!!
    2. it's practically impossible to look good over there because of the heat and humidity (plus sunscreen, beach sand and sea salt). I probably looked like shit most of the time, so it's best to not give a crap.
    3. where are you staying in playa?
    4. I googled imodium and lol'd :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I wouldn't recommend jeans shorts or anything too thick and tight that will stick to your body and make you drown in your own sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I please go there? Haha.... I am so jealous! It sounds like an amazing trip!! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I be expected to finish out this work day after this lovely reminder of where i'll be in T-minus 15 days. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fab - lucky you. Hope you won't be needing that Imodium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be sooo hot but you have the ocean so no fear. It's also rainy season right? Ok so I have to pimp myself out and ask you to vote for me. I'm a semi-finalist in round 2 of Project style and so far the other girl is winning by 25 votes. You can vote 1x a day till the 30th. Spread the word, Kobe, your office, FB, wherever. Please. I'll have even more shame if I lose.

    http://www.victoriagardensie.com/project-style/56/entry/357?hub=/project-style/56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VOTED! Duh. And you know you have Kobe's vote. He's going to use one of his crooked little legs to vote at least once a day.

      Delete