Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

calder to warhol


Photobucket

wearing thrifted leather shorts, silk shirt, and bag, Stella McCartney for H&M tuxedo jacket, red feather earring courtesy of PeaceImages

Attended the member's opening reception for the Fisher Collection at MOMA on Friday. Luckily enough, I also came home from work that night to find a goodie bag from PeaceImages on Etsy with my Uni Shoulder Chain and an amazing pair of long feather earrings--which I promptly decided to wear with that evening's outfit. It feels like having a red extension in my hair. I love.


Photobucket
Roy Lichtenstein

Photobucket
Andy Warhol's "Three Elvises"

Photobucket
Marilyn Monroe, by Andy Warhol

Photobucket
Warhol's "Tunafish Disaster"

Photobucket
Photobucket
I really liked the color and pattern on these, but forgot to pay attention to who painted them! If anyone can tell me who, I will buy them a cupcake.

5 comments:

  1. I love both Warhol and Lichtenstein. I'm also really loving that bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You look soo cute in pic #5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art Galleries = <3

    BTW, I've given you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos! lovely blog, following! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a very cool place to be. That earring does look like a red streak in your hair and I lovelovelove the bag... It's a piece of art in itself!

    And yes one day I hope to be a lawyer although it's probably going to take about fifty million more years to get there because I'm still clinging onto my youth and would like to fit in a couple of ski seasons before reaching the real world :) x

    ReplyDelete