Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

i left my heart in san francisco (but i left my wallet in el segundo)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
wearing Anna Sui dress (V-day gift from my boyfriend) Jeffrey Campbell boots, Topshop mongolian lamb vest, Devi Kroell for Target clutch, vintage jewelry

It's been a bittersweet day. My boyfriend woke up this morning to find that his car had been stolen overnight. It's a surreal feeling to find one of your hats sitting forlornly in the road where your car should be.

Of course, being the sweet, perfect angel that he is, he still trekked down the road to pick me up some flowers, and I made beignets and coffee and we walked to the top of Bernal hill and sat on a grassy knoll and contemplated life (and its inevitable curve-balls). Then we ate a ridiculously late lunch and skipped out on our dinner reservation to go to a cavernous wine bar where we feasted on triple-cream cow's milk cheese and dates.

All in all a good day, made even sweeter by the fact that I spent it with my love on Valentine's day.

But then again, I still have a car to go to work in on Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. i love your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry about the car! but the blog post title cracked me up! and glad you still managed to have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really cute! Sorry about the car but let's focus on the positive: it seems like you have a great boyfriend! I'm glad you spent the day with him. My husband had to work all weekend :( But let's focus on the positive: more money for shoes :D haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress and I love how you amped up the boho chic vibe with the fur vest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha great header JO-JO! Love the dress. Such a classic Anna Sui print <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... my... god... That blows. I'm sorry about the universe and it's curve balls. ;/

    On the bright side, at least they left the hat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pictures!

    I'm really sorry to hear about the turn of events, however it seems like your boyfriend is very level. Despite his car being stolen, he picked you flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!
    Amazing blog i love it!!!

    Check out,follow & comment my blog please :)
    THANKS!
    xx
    Isabelle
    >new update!
    Style as u never seen before.

    http://thefakebitch.blogspot.com/
    http://thefakebitch.blogspot.com/
    http://thefakebitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete