Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

in the heartland

IMGP5307 IMGP5310 IMGP5140IMGP5126IMGP5065 IMGP5167 IMGP5215 IMGP5067 IMGP5221IMGP5122

Exploring my ancestral homeland this past weekend in Fargo, North Dakota and Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. My dad was born there but his parents left for the warmer, more preservative temperatures of Arizona before I was born, so I had never been before. The Fargo/Moorhead area has the dubious distinction of being the location for the Cohen brother's movie of the same name, yet it has also been named one of the safest cities in America. People have the curious habit of saying 'hi' to you on the street, even if they don't know you. It's filled with small-town values and picturesque vignettes that are just begging to become campaign photo-ops. I'd totally go there again.

4 comments:

  1. It looks so cool there! :D Its a bit shameful that I don't know where my parents were born...I think my dad was born in Philly...and my mom must have been somewhere in Connecticut...but I can't remember...shame on me
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your trip was fabulous Jo!! im pretty sure i NEED the bull horns for my Cadillac too... I wonder where I could pick that up? btw <3 the shot of you facing the water with the boat in the back. xx D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

      Delete