Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

i like it raw

IMGP6012 IMGP6001 IMGP5997IMGP6007 IMGP6014 IMGP6003
wearing Raleigh Davie straight raw stretch jeans, Madewell denim shirt, Soludos shoes, hat from random shop in New Orleans, Reliquary ring

I finally bit the proverbial bullet and invested in a pair of raw denim jeans. You wouldn't believe (okay, you probably would) the degree of nerding out that came along with this important decision. I raked through "Fade Friday" posts on the Rawr Denim blog searching for the perfect pair. I researched the difference between sanforized and un-sanforized denim. I figured out what the fuck 'selvedge' is. And I finally settled on this pair from Raleigh Denim, a company that eschews mass production in favor of traditional construction methods using local materials.

If I can refrain from washing them the first 6 months, I'll end up with a fade pattern that's like a fingerprint--completely unique based on points of stress where the dye fades more quickly. Stay tuned for this exciting transformation! Or for my hilarious attempts to clean them by putting them in the freezer. Either way, it's bound to be a good time.



1 comment: