Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

doin' it myself


I'm so glad designers finally gave us a break this season by showing clothing that's easy to make from pieces we already own. It's perfect for my no-job-having ass. Industrious little thing that I am, I've already made some cute feather hair clips (a la Urban Outfitters) and shredded two of my white t-shirts like Camille at Childhood Flames. Now I'm considering tackling the daunting task of slashing, and/or bleaching a pair of jeans. I want them to look like this:

I've heard you need to use thicker bleach to get the real effect. And quite frankly, I'm a little spooked at this point because I tried to bleach my dear old Chucks with household liquid bleach and they turned a lovely shade of salmon/rust/baby diarrhea:

I don't dare try this on my treasured Topshop skinnies unless I am confident in my ability NOT to make the end result suck. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment