Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

gurrrl, i love yer face


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Crystal Renn photographed for Vogue Germany via Fashion Gone Rogue

Sorry to just throw up an editorial swiped from Fashion Gone Rogue. You know I don't usually do you like that. It's just that it's Crystal and I love the way she always looks like she's biting the insides of her cheeks.

It's concerned me for quite some time that she's getting very thin again--not so much because I think she should be fuller or that she owes it to us to stay a plus sized model, but because she's been very public about her battles with anorexia and I can't help but wonder how much of a role, if any, that plays in her current situation. This is further complicated by the fact that her body is quite literally a commodity, something to be discussed openly as if we were appraising the pitching arm of a baseball player.
I can't even imagine the immense pressure she must feel, especially now that every ounce she gains or loses is a hot source of debate in the fashion industry.

I think that ultimately, it doesn't matter what size she is as long as she's healthy, because as we all know, she's beautiful at any size.

5 comments:

  1. wow, I didn't even recognize her. those cheeks scare me!

    Leon lives with my granny's neighbour. it doesn't show very well on the photos, but unlike Renn's, his cheeks are incredibly chubby and I prefer it that way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yepp, she has an interesting face!

    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look that neck piece in the first photo... GORGEOUS!!

    Happy Monday Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She still (i here at least) looks healthy. Hopes she stays like that.

    juliet xxx

    ReplyDelete