Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

lbd (long black dress)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I've entertained the idea of wearing a long black dress ever since I came across the image above on La Garconne's website. Actually I had nearly forgotten about it until I saw this version of a slinky, maxi-tank dress at Target for $25 bones last week. It's a synthetic blend, so it even drapes nicely. Take that Alex Wang. You and your $90 tank dresses can suck it (unless you want to gift me one, in which case, I think we all know the reason I'm hating on your superior version is because I refuse to afford it.) Anyhoo, that is neither here nor there. I'm excited about pairing this piece with chucks and a shrunken motorcycle jacket for fall.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

Got my hair cut today. A little off the sides = not a very exciting change, but I'm having fun with it in its current 'longish' incarnation. Still imagining what it would be like with a few strategically placed extensions for thickness. Still balking at the price of that improvement.

Photobucket

Oh, and finally, just because I'm a spoiled little b-hole, this is the D&G blouse I found at Nordstrom Rack this weekend. It's a real dish. Hugs in all the right places and then flares out at the waist like a chiffon, leopard-print tuu tuu. It's lovely.

I will be rocking out to "Obsessed" by Mariah Carey all week.

8 comments:

  1. That dress is stunning, so chic and understated and kind of darkly glamorous at the same time. I envy it. I also envy people who are not 5'1" and therefore allowed to wear long dresses (Nicole Richie being a magical freak of nature in that respect).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so amazing in that dress....so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the leopard print oin the top!

    i-heart-fash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress - it is so perfect for going into autumn. The D&G blouse is gorgeousss too - can't wait to see it in an outfit post! How much did you get quoted for hair extensions? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see plenty of us has been bitten by the leopard bug. Ive been obsessed with animal prints as of late. I love the D&G find. Also the long black dress is great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I concur about Mr. Alexander Wang... I refuse to want a piece of drapey jersey for that amount, but yet, my life is empty and meaningless without some of his pieces.

    missmaterialist.blogspot.com
    -Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually bought the AW jersey tank dress and don't "love" it. It is completely see through - so it has turned to an overpriced beach cover up. Love the tank dress you scored!

    ReplyDelete