Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 3: HOME STRETCH

In t-minus 12 hours, I'll be able to eat!!!!!
  IMGP9759mozza IMGP8686 fries IMGP8933 truffleIMGP8931

Day 3 is practically in the bag. I felt alert and well-rested today even though I got about an hour less sleep than I usually do. My clothes are also pleasingly loose on me, but like I said, I expect that to last all of a week. On the downside, I'm so completely nauseated by (and sick of) the taste of the juices, that I'm not going to be able to make myself finish the last 2. Instead, I had a small handful of walnuts, and when I start to get really hungry, I'm going to go to bed. Unconsciousness is always the best defense against discomfort.

Now, the important part: getting back to eating the foods that I love! I wish I could stuff my face with everything pictured above tomorrow, but in reality, I'll have to ease back into eating solid foods slowly, starting with the ugly stepchildren--cooked veggies and salad with grilled chicken. One thing I WILL be indulging in is a cappuccino, which I've been depriving myself of for the past week. I guess the one thing I've learned through this whole juice cleanse business is you have to pick your vices. Of all my vices (of which there are so many!) I pick:

coffee
alcohol (in moderation, of course)
cheese

And the vices I have to do my best to curb are:

bread, cereal, pasta (I'm a carb hound)
Red meat (ok, I'm not swearing off of it forever, but I'll try to cut back)
dairy

Ok, enough about all this. I've bored myself. I promise never to talk about food again unless it's delicious food that I'm eating. Amen and good night.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You go girl... That sounds like an amazing idea. Lord knows I definitely need to cleanse.. Although since cutting back on my alcohol consumption (wayyyy back) I find the pounds just shedding and my usual next day apologies are pretty much non existent. Way to go though! I'm getting hungry just looking at those pics..

    beck
    http://fabulous-junk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your previous post, I was a little confused - I thought that exploding ovaries were perhaps a symptom of juice fasting? Okay, I finally got it - such a cute kiddie blog! Those dishes above do look divine. I'm a big fan of baby octopus too. And eating is such a sociable activity - seems such a shame not to share a delicious feast for the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost make it! Good for you :)
    The food pictures looked mad delicious!

    Lol Shortcuts are so much better, ain't it?I will definitely put myself to test this whole cleansing thing. Plus I have been over-indulging lately, it would be a great excuse to lose some weight!

    ReplyDelete