Wearing: Forever21 shirt, vintage 501s, Victoria's Secret sheer tights, Circa Joan and David shoes, Timex watch, Forever 21 and vintage rings, Lisa Levine bracelet.
My spiritual/financial quest to curb my shopping habit experienced a little setback this weekend because I broke down and entered the mecca of pointless proliferation, Forever 21. Somehow I expected that I would be able to control my urge to buy a bunch of their cute, useless shit. Stupid. Stupid. All in all, I spent $28, and came home with 3 pairs of underwear, a new pair of silver studs, and this long-sleeved t-shirt that is actually semi-sheer, although you can't see it in the above pictures. Did I need any of it? Well, as I like to say, I didn't not need any of it. Does that count?
A) Four places that I go to over and over:
- The barn where I keep my now sadly broken, retired horse named Frankie. Just because he can't be ridden anymore doesn't mean he can't vacuum up his favorite treats, which happen to be Cracker Jacks and Red Vines!
- San Jose, about an hour south of S.F. It's where my boyfriend lives. Amazing how living an hour apart can feel like a long-distance relationship...
- Black and Brown and Held Over. Two of the best thrift/vintage shops ever!
- Trader Joe's. I love their impulse buy section and never leave without some useless treats like chocolate-covered sunflower seeds.
B) Four people who email me regularly:
- my mom
- my girlfriends from college (wolfpack shout-out)
- my best friend Tara
- Gilt Groupe (lead me not into temptation...)
C) Four favorite smells:
- Dior Pure Poison
- horses (and all the smells that go with them)
- onions sauteed in butter
D) Four places I would rather be right now:
- with my boyfriend
- Somewhere warm (ok, so it's not exactly cold in San Francisco, but it's not exactly warm either)
- at a sample sale where everything is 80% off and in my size
- riding my bike
E) Four people I tag:
F) Four TV shows I watch: (only 4?!)
- Intervention (shout-out to my bitch Candy Finnigan!)
- Flight of the Conchords (I want to be in the middle of a Bret and Jemaine sandwich. Is that wrong?)
- The City (And the Hills, and Laguna Beach. I go waaay back with this show)
- Summer Heights High (if you haven't checked this out yet, it's high-larious)
That's all folks. Happy Monday.