Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

9 to 5




all photos The Sartorialist, except top right: Garance Dore

Been thinking a lot lately about dressing for the office again. Obvs, even though it is a tech company largely populated by jeans-clad twentysomethings, I hold (ahem, try to) myself to a higher standard and thus won't be rocking my ripped jeans, tie dye leggings, or shredded t-shirts. The photos above are totally relevant to my quest. They're all semi-casual, yet totally professional. I'll probably be playing dress-up a lot in the next week while I nail down some outfits.

Last but not least, a fantasy Polyvore collage...because why not?

Photobucket

Outfit on the left:
Thierry Lasry glasses

3.1 Philip Lim blazer  
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania top
Mayle Rex pant
1928 Black Cabochon necklace
Lanvin crystal bracelet
Givenchy Nightingale bag
Balenciaga cone heel slingbacks

Outfit on Right:
Boy by Band of Outsiders jacket
Marni stone metal necklace
3.1 Philip Lim rolled sleeve top
Antik Batik belt
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania skirt
Gara Danielle ring
Bijoux vintage necklace
Fendi platforms
Alexander Wang shopper

24 comments:

  1. ahaha! I love how you said you hold yourself to a higher standard, me too!

    Love both polyvores...I need those fendi shoes!

    When do you start love??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooove the philip lim blazer and the fendi sandals. i've been trying to do the more professional thing for school, but i just can't stick to it. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab selection...
    Marni I adore thee!
    ~XO*

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the navy outfit of the streetstyle and aww those fendi platforms are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh fun!!! love that polyvore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohhh amazing office inspiration right here!
    the first one is just perfection!!
    and great polyvore set !! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post again! I'll add you on my blogroll right away.

    juliet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. figures! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the first shot stole my heart... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so in love with your words there and your selection for polyvore. cant wait for your nex post..

    btw,why dnt u choose the second pict..i love it =p

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi there... great blog...
    this will surely be not my last visit...
    see yah!

    -enJAYneer-
    JAYtography: An Online Travelogue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bleh, dressing for the office is a mountain to be climbed so I gotta appreciate when someone does it right. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great selection! Don't tell me about the right office outfit, I started to work in an office myself (which I never did before) and it gives me headache every day to choose what to wear...LOL. Thanks so much for stopping by on my blog and leaving me such a funny comment :-) I loved it. Hope you have a great week and see you soon. Love: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  14. i absolutely love that very simple grey bag. Very easy to style
    Rianna Bethany xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great collage! i dont know what i would do if i had to work in an office

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your picks in the collage. i find that high waisted skirts and ankle boots are always a fun but casual, and totally appropriate for work too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work, darling! Love this post!

    FM~FP

    ReplyDelete
  18. thaks darlinnnnggg
    cant wait for your next postt =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I try to dress nice as well....although I could wear anything to work and get away with it (on most days)

    ReplyDelete